Akerman has made an institutional pledge to achieve even greater impact by expanding the firm's pro bono services with a particular focus in the areas of education and youth development.
In 2014, Akerman became the first law firm to partner nationally with the National Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Association and its local CASA and guardian ad litem (GAL) programs. Akerman lawyers and staff across the United States have collectively pledged thousands of volunteer and pro bono hours in support of CASA's mission to promote volunteer advocacy for abused and neglected children in the foster care system.
- Akerman Receives Florida Supreme Court Award for Pro Bono Service
- Akerman Ranks Among Top Law Firms for Pro Bono Service
- Akerman Becomes First Law Firm to Partner Nationally with CASA for Children; Supports Foster Youth
- Akerman's Wesley Tibbals Receives Highest Award for Pro Bono Service by Thirteenth Judicial Circuit and HCBA
- Akerman's Karen Meyer Buesing to Receive Florida's Highest Recognition for Pro Bono Legal Service